Man United to meet with investors over spending spree set to exceed £200m
The football world's gossip mill is in full swing, and Transfer Talk is monitoring the whispers ahead of all the summer moves. Check out the latest deals and potential deals here.
United talk to investors ahead of huge spree
It is set to be a summer of record spending for Manchester United regardless of whether or not they qualify for the Champions League, according to the Manchester Evening News.
The Evening News reports that executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward will talk to investors in New York on Tuesday ahead of a colossal transfer window.
Last year's spending, including the world-record deal for Paul Pogba, could be put in the shade as United "plan to trigger Antoine Griezmann's £85 million release clause at Atletico Madrid."
But the report stresses that Griezmann is only one of a range of targets.
Burnley defender Michael Keane (£25m) and Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier (£40m) are in the frame, and a potential £80 million move for Everton's Romelu Lukaku "could see United break the £200 million barrier."
Palace 'must pay £30 million' for permanent Sakho deal
The better Liverpool central defender Mamadou Sakho played on loan at Crystal Palace, the higher his price tag became.
Now the Guardian reports that Liverpool want "at least £30 million" for Sakho, whose signing is a priority for Palace boss Sam Allardyce.
The France international played seven full games for the Eagles before suffering a knee injury, with five of those games being won.
The Guardian says Palace must now "weigh up whether the financial package required is viable," adding that Liverpool "are aware that they raised up to £30 million through the sale of Yannick Bolasie to Everton."
Sakho, however, is only part of Palace's planning, with Sunderland duo Jermain Defoe and Lamine Kone linked with a reunion with Allardyce and Manchester City midfielder Fabian Delph another target.
Everton like look of Lemos
Las Palmas defender Mauricio Lemos could be on his way to Everton as part of a Ronald Koeman revamp, but it all depends on whether the club feel he can get a work permit, according to the Telegraph.
It reports that Lemos -- linked with Barcelona this time last year -- could be part of a recruitment drive that sees Everton spend around £75 million.
But it warns there is no certainty that the centre-back, who has represented Uruguay at under-20 and under-23 levels, would be granted a permit under rules on international appearances brought in almost two years ago.
Everton are "looking to ascertain whether it is worth pursuing their interest in the 21-year-old," who would cost £18 million.
Meanwhile, the Mirror reports that the Merseysiders are also keen on West Ham midfielder Manuel Lanzini.
It says Koeman "is hunting creative options, with Ross Barkley increasingly likely to decide against signing a new deal with just a year left on his contract."
-- Newcastle United will activate their option to sign Chelsea winger Christian Atsu for around £6 million, the Sun reports.
It says the Magpies have told the Blues they want to trigger a move after Atsu's impressive loan spell saw him have a major influence in their promotion from the Championship.
And the Mirror reports that Huddersfield want to make their loan move for another Chelsea youngster, forward Izzy Brown, permanent if they go up through the playoffs.
-- West Bromwich Albion manager Tony Pulis is due to talk transfer plans with the club's owners, the Birmingham Mail reports -- and Celtic midfielder Stuart Armstrong is part of those plans.
Armstrong was reportedly watched by the Baggies against Aberdeen on Friday and would cost around £8 million.