Chelsea ready to sell Diego Costa with China's Tianjin Quanjian circling
The football world's gossip mill is in full swing, and Transfer Talk is monitoring the whispers ahead of all the summer moves. Check out the latest deals and potential deals here.
Costa heading for the Chelsea exit?
The tables could be turning on Diego Costa, but that may not be a bad thing for the Chelsea striker.
Linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge in January, it is now reported by the London Evening Standard that the Premier League leaders are running out of patience and may consider selling him in the summer.
In part that is because Costa, who has 17 Premier League goals this campaign, hasn't scored in his last six appearances for Chelsea. The Blues also know that there are some excellent alternatives set to become available during the summer -- namely Romelu Lukaku and Alvaro Morata.
The Standard adds that Costa has two years remaining on his current deal at Chelsea and while the club were considering offering him extension his request for a pay-rise on his £150,000-a-week salary has led to a rethink.
Sky Sports, meanwhile, has identified Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian as a potential destination for the Spain international.
Costa could be made the the best-paid player in the world, if the reports are to be believed, with an eye-watering £650,000-a-week said to be on the table.
City must break the bank for Bonucci
Manchester City will have to top the £47.5m they paid for John Stones if they want to sign Leonardo Bonucci from Juventus, the Daily Telegraph claims.
Juve are able to command such a high figure for the defender, who turns 30 in May, because he recently signed a contract until 2021. But his display in the Champions League quarterfinal second leg draw at Barcelona will only have convinced Pep Guardiola beyond doubt that he is the right man for the job.
It is not all bad news for City's bank balance though. The move for Bonucci could be funded, at least in part, by the potential sales of Eliaquim Mangala and Nicolas Otamendi, as Guardiola overhauls his defence ahead of his second season in the Premier League.
The Telegraph adds that other Premier League suitors have been put off by Bonucci's price tag with Virgil van Dijk now a more likely option for Chelsea and Manchester United also preparing to look elsewhere.
Everton first in line for Keane
The queue to secure Michael Keane's services at the end of the season is a long one, if reports are to be believed.
Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and even former club Manchester United have all been linked with the Burnley defender but Everton believe they lead the way and are hopeful of completing a £20m deal with initial talks already underway.
The Daily Mail reckons Keane did not push a move last summer, amid interest from Premier League champions Leicester, because he was given the guarantee that he could move on with Burnley's blessing if he stayed one more season.
He has stuck to his word and then some. Burnley are almost guaranteed to be in the Premier League next season and have been given enough warning to line up a replacement for the England international. The big question now is where will Keane end up?
- Edinson Cavani will commit his future to Paris Saint-Germain after agreeing a new contract until 2020, L'Equipe reports. Cavani, whose current deal runs until 2018, has been in talks with PSG for some time but, as ESPN FC has previously reported, there have been some complications in negotiations over the payment of bonuses.
- AS reports that Real Madrid have rejected a €50m bid from Liverpool for Marco Asensio, but sources have told ESPN FC that isn't the case.
The 21-year-old attacking midfielder scored Real's final goal in their 4-2 Champions League quarterfinal second leg victory over Bayern Munich on Tuesday and is said to be a big part of Zinedine Zidane's plans. Although Liverpool say they're not in the market for Asensio, sources have told ESPN FC that Bayer Leverkusen's Julian Brandt is a target for Jurgen Klopp, but the club are aware of the stiff competition they are likely to face for the 20-year-old.
- Brighton want to sign Arsenal right-back Carl Jenkinson following their promotion to the Premier League and Newcastle will join them in pursuing the 25-year-old should they secure a return to the top-flight. The Daily Mirror reports that Jenkinson is surplus to requirements at Arsenal and will be allowed to leave this summer.