Madrid, Barcelona could go head-to-head for £70m Dele Alli transfer
The winter transfer window is now in full swing! As usual, Transfer Talk has its finger on the pulse when it comes to which rumours are picking up steam. Check out all the latest deals here.
TOP STORY: Real, Barca to go head-to-head for Alli
Real Madrid and Barcelona will go head-to-head for Europe's hottest young player, with the giants of La Liga eyeing Tottenham attacker Dele Alli, according to the Mirror.
A reported £70 million fee might be enough to prize the 20-year-old away from Spurs -- with his recent streak of six goals in three games putting the European giants on alert.
Daniel Levy has caved in the past when Los Merengues have come calling for his star players, namely Luka Modric and Gareth Bale, but with more than five years to run on the starlet's current deal, the chairman holds all the chips.
23.01 BST: That's going to do it for this live edition of Transfer Talk. Thanks very much for joining us, and please check back in a few short hours when we return with the biggest rumours plucked from Monday morning's papers.
22.54 BST: Chelsea attacker Lucas Piazon is close to extending his loan at Fulham, the Brazilian announced on Twitter.
@frankieptaylor almost done mate hope to be done asap 😁— Lucas Piazon (@LucasPiazon) January 8, 2017
22.37 BST: Derby counting are closing in on a £2 million move for Middlesbrough striker David Nugent, writes the Derby Telegraph.
22.15 BST: After stating that Tiemoue Bakayoko was not for sale in January, Monaco have now reconsidered as Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea have queued up for the 22-year-old midfielder who would command a fee of at least €25 million, according to the Scottish Daily Record.
21.52 BST: While we reported earlier that Roma had agreed personal terms with West Ham attacker Sofiane Feghouli, Italian transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio writes that the London club have rejected the Romans' loan bid, though the Serie A side are expected to return with an improved offer.
21.30 BST: Arsenal's hopes of signing Porto's Andre Silva have taken a hit, reports the Star. The Gunners reportedly hoped to nab the 21-year-old striker for a £20 million fee, but the English outfit reports that Real Madrid have informed the Portuguese giants they are interested in doing business at £50m in the summer.
21.08 BST: New owners of Inter Suning Holdings Group have reiterated their desire to entice Lionel Messi to the San Siro, Catalan outlet Mundo Deportivo cites Italian publication La Repubblica as reporting. The Argentine's contract is set to expire in 2018, and the Nerazzurri reportedly are determined to sign Messi "at all costs".
20.45 BST: While social media is abuzz with rumours of Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic joining the Premier League, and specifically Manchester City, the Croatian's agent has come and rained on everyone's parade.
Rakitic agent says there's "nothing" to rumour he's left out today as about to join Man City https://t.co/hNbB7gDpQu— Dermot Corrigan (@dermotmcorrigan) January 8, 2017
20.13 GMT: Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has spoken about his decision to recall Nathan Ake from his loan spell at Bournemouth...
"I called him back because I think he's showing that he's ready to stay in the squad of Chelsea," Conte said. "Ake gives me an important option because we are playing with three central defenders. He can play on the left and in the middle. It's important to see in training sessions if he can also play wing-back."
19.41 GMT: Mesut Ozil has revealed why he has still yet to sign a new contract with Arsenal... Story here.
Mesut Ozil tells Kicker he wants to know if Wenger is staying before deciding on new contract extension.- Mattias Karén (@MattiasKaren) January 8, 2017
19.01 GMT: Manchester United will fight it out with Bayern Munich to sign Benfica defender Nelson Semedo, according to The Sun, with both clubs currently on the lookout for a new right-back.
18.32 GMT: Manchester City will make a renewed bid to sign Athletic Bilbao centre-back Aymeric Laporte in the summer, the Daily Mirror claims. City missed out on signing Laporte last summer but Pep Guardiola is supposedly ready to make another attempt to lure him to Manchester.
17.59 GMT: Real Betis are eyeing a move for Swansea defender Federico Fernandez, according to the South Wales Evening Post. The Swans may opt to sell Fernandez if they manage to bring in Inter Milan centre-back Andrea Ranocchia.
16.58 GMT: Arsenal have had a bid rejected for Torino striker Andrea Belotti, the Italian club's sporting director has claimed. "Yes, we received the offer but it didn't reflect the true value of the player," Gianluca Petrachi said. Story here.
16.17 GMT: Bournemouth midfielder Emerson Hyndman has arrived in Glasgow to complete a move to Rangers, according to the Scottish Sun.
15.51 GMT: Everton boss Ronald Koeman hopes to add further to his squad during the January transfer window, saying: "I have that in mind and the board knows because we speak together about what we and the team needs and that is the job of [director of football] Steve Walsh."
15.32 GMT: Chelsea thanked Oscar and John Obi Mikel for their services to the club following their moves to China ahead of today's game against Peterborough...
The names of Oscar and John Mikel Obi receive wonderful ovations from the home fans as they are thanked aloud for their great service. #CFC- Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) January 8, 2017
15.03 GMT: Julian Brandt would be happy to reject the opportunity to join Bayern Munich in favour of extending his stay with Bayer Leverkusen. "I would not be scared to dismiss Bayern for a second time," he said. "The same goes for other clubs, too." Story here.
14.49 GMT: Rangers are lining up a move for West Bromwich Albion misfit Saido Berahino, The Sun reports. The Scottish side have already made contact with Berahino, the newspapers says, and hope to sign him when his contract expires in the summer.
14.33 GMT: Sam Allardyce says Crystal Palace are prepared to spend this month if they can find the right player...
"We shall have some money to spend but it will have to be more than a bit at this level now because the prices of players are astronomically high, particularly players in this country," he said. "We will have to pay what we have to pay if we can identify the right player which makes us better."
14.06 GMT: DONE DEAL Palmeiras have completed the signing of Felipe Melo from Inter Milan on a three-year deal...
13.51 GMT: Roma have agreed terms with Sofiane Feghouli about a transfer and the Serie A side are now in negotiations with West Ham United about a fee, according to reports in Italy. Story here.
13.32 GMT: Steven N'Zonzi says he is flattered by Barcelona's reported interest but insists he is focused on Sevilla. "I'm not even thinking about [Barcelona]," he said. "I am happy at Sevilla." Story here.
13.09 GMT: Patrice Evra has been left out of Juventus' squad to face Bologna in Serie A on Sunday, amid speculation he is wanted by Valencia and several Premier League teams. Evra has a Juve contract until the end of the season but could move on in January with Manchester United and West Ham also said to be interested in signing him. Story here.
12.55 GMT: Juventus are after not one, but two Premier League defenders, calciomercato.com claims. The Italian champions are apparently monitoring Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic and Manchester City's Gael Clichy, with a view to signing them at the end of the season once their contracts expire.
12.32 GMT: Sky Sports say that Sevilla are another club interested in signing Mamadou Sakho from Liverpool. With Marseille, Lyon, Lille and Southampton also said to be keen it looks certain the Frenchman will depart Anfield this month.
Sevilla approach Liverpool about signing Mamadou Sakho. Liverpool will only let him leave on permanent deal & they want £20 million.- Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) January 8, 2017
The 21-year-old, who can play a variety of positions in defence and midfield, has started eight Premier League games for the Cherries this season, including the 4-3 win against Liverpool in which he scored the winner.
11.48 GMT: Spartak Moscow's Quincy Promes is being lined up by Liverpool following the loss of Sadio Mane to the African Nations Cup.
The Sunday People reckons that Promes, who has been Spartak's top goal scorer for two of the last three seasons, could cost £25m.
11.27 GMT: Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has said Memphis Depay "will play some games" for the club if he does not leave in the January transfer window.
Mourinho told Fox Sports: "I was informed by the club that there is a chance Memphis could leave. From a human point of view, I cannot stop him from leaving when he is not playing under me.
"If he is staying, I would be more than happy because he is a fantastic guy and a very good player. I feel so sorry that I am not giving him opportunities to play. A player of his age needs to be playing matches."
11.07 GMT: Lille, Lyon and Marseille all want to bring Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho back to Ligue 1, Telefoot reports.
10.40 GMT: Watford striker Troy Deeney is the latest Premier League player to be targeted by clubs in the Chinese Super League, sources in China have told ESPN FC.
Watford would be reluctant to lose Deeney as he is their talisman, but they could find their resolve tested by the millions on offer from the Chinese Super League clubs during this month's transfer window.
10.24 GMT: Rumours of Chelsea interest in Fernando Llorente keep popping up. But Swansea surely can't afford to lose him without signing a replacement first.
Chelsea are keen on Llorente, but Swansea are reluctant to let him go. Batshuayi 'might' be offered in exchange, but nothing's been decided.
- Kristof Terreur �� (@HLNinEngeland) January 8, 2017
10.15 GMT: Arsenal midfielder Jon Toral could end his loan spell at Granada to spend the rest of the season at Scottish club Rangers instead.
When asked about a possible move to Rangers, Wenger said that "we work on it to see if it is possible, yes."
"He has played games there [for Granada] but at the moment he doesn't play and personally I think it would be a good transition for him."
10.01 GMT: West Bromwich Albion are in the market for Napoli striker Manolo Gabbiadini and Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho, the Daily Mail claims.
Tony Pulis has some ambitious plans for the Baggies, who are eighth in the Premier League, and looks determined to add new faces to his squad with Morgan Schneiderlin of Manchester United and Everton's James McCarthy also linked.
09.32 GMT: Some news from France now, where the arrival of Julian Draxler and Giovani Lo Celso at Paris Saint-Germain could be bad news for Jonathan Ikone.
09.11 GMT: Good morning early birds and welcome to Sunday's Transfer Talk live blog. We'll kick off with some managerial gossip, and it's good!
According to the Daily Star, Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino is on Barcelona's list of candidates to succeed Luis Enrique.
Everton to move for Wilshere
Jack Wilshere is enjoying a fresh start at Bournemouth, and a return to fitness and good run of games have pushed Everton to consider a move, according to the Mirror.
The Arsenal midfielder has 18 months remaining on his current deal, with Manchester City also monitoring the situation.
Eddie Howe has revitalised the 25-year-old's previously stuttering career with a combination of deep and advanced roles with the Cherries to bring new enthusiasm to his performances.
Reds to offer Lallana new deal to ward off Spurs
Liverpool are set to offer Adam Lallana a fresh contract after his breakout form, with the Express claiming that Tottenham are keen on the England star.
The 28-year-old is in the form of his life under the tutelage of Jurgen Klopp, but Mauricio Pochettino would love to reunite with the player at Spurs.
With two years left on his £60,000-per-week deal, signed upon his £25 million move from Southampton, the Reds will offer Lallana double that to make him the highest-paid player at the club along with James Milner and Daniel Sturridge at £120,000 per week.
Big Sam eager to reunite with Defoe
Crystal Palace will join the chase for Jermain Defoe, as Sam Allardyce appears keen to reunite with the Sunderland striker, according to the Sun.
The Eagles remain in the thick of a desperate relegation battle and Allardyce is eager to team up with Defoe after combining to help the Black Cats stay up last season.
West Ham had a controversial £6 million bid rebuffed, with Sunderland determined to hold on to the player, though an offer of £12 million or more for the 34-year-old could alter their stance.
- With Defoe's price tag soaring, the Mail reports that West Ham are ready to complete a £12.5 million move for Brentford striker Scott Hogan.
The Bees star was not involved in the FA Cup tie with Eastleigh this weekend and former club Rochdale are in line to pocket 30 percent of any fee.
- Stoke striker Wilfried Bony could be the latest player to cash in and bolt to China, with the Star reporting that the Ivorian will be offered £210,000 per week after tax.
A clever clause in his deal allows the former Swansea star to negotiate with Chinese Super League clubs, and Hebei China Fortune, managed by Manuel Pellegrini, may swoop in a £10.9 million move.
- Rangers have snapped up United States international Emerson Hyndman on loan from Bournemouth, according to the Scottish Sun.
The U.S. under-20 captain is heading north to fight for a first-team spot at Ibrox.