Victor Valdes to Newcastle from United hell? Arsenal to sign Bazoer?
The transfer window might be closed, but the rumours keep ticking. As always, Transfer Talk has the latest and greatest. See all the summer deals right here.
Newcastle to save Valdes from United hell?
On Monday, ESPN FC's Gab Marcotti wrote about the sorry tale that has been Victor Valdes' career at Manchester United.
Well, the keeper's exile at Old Trafford may soon be at an end if Star reports are to believed.
After first-choice goalie Tim Krul was ruled out for the rest of the season with a serious knee injury, Steve McClaren has been frantically trying to work out who to bring in as cover, and it appears as if Valdes could be the man for the Magpies.
The only thing stopping a potential deal? Valdes' nemesis, Louis van Gaal, is not willing to terminate the Spaniard's contract if he plans to leave for a domestic rival.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Arsenal to sign Bazoer?
Stop us if you've heard this one before: Arsenal are keeping tabs on another talented young star from outside the Premier League.
The apple of Arsene Wenger's eye this time: reportedly Ajax midfielder Riechedly Bazoer, who is thriving at the tender age of 19. He has already represented the Dutch at the U21 level and has rotated into the senior squad already. The Mirror has noted that Arsenal scouts have spent time watching Bazoer in anticipation of an offer.
Bazoer isn't a central defender but a dynamic box-to-box presence in midfield, something the Gunners could use in order to ease the strain on Francis Coquelin and Santi Cazorla. But can they close the deal? Arsenal had their eye on Bazoer when he was just 16, but the youngster turned the move down in favour of remaining in the Eredivisie.
It's unknown how much he might cost or if Ajax are interested in selling yet another prized asset. Bazoer has two assists in eight league games so far this season.
- Jose Mourinho was spotted in Kiev watching Ukraine's final European Championship qualifier against Spain, leading AS to report that he was keeping an eye on SEVEN Dynamo Kiev players in the hosts' side.
Among those being scouted were Artem Kravets, Serhiy Sydorchuk, Serhiy Rybalka, Yevhen Khacheridi and, particularly, Andriy Yarmolenko.
Look, I'm not saying that Jose is taking his style tips from my cartoons, but... pic.twitter.com/WxcpEcJPOM- David Squires (@squires_david) October 12, 2015
- Barcelona B defender Alejandro Grimaldo knocked back the chance to join Levante on loan this season. Diario Sport says that the 20-year-old want to wind down his contract at the Nou Camp before cashing in as a free agent next summer.
- West Bromwich Albion are tracking Malaga midfielder Ignacio Camacho -- that's in the Birmingham Mail.