Arsenal eye Balotelli as Barca smile
Rumours, gossip, transfer news and signings from all of the top European clubs. It's Transfer Talk time!
Balotelli and Remy, but no room for Fabregas at Arsenal
Can London contain Mario Balotelli? The AC Milan striker could be the solution for Arsenal, with The Telegraph reporting Arsene Wenger is a big fan. Balotelli could go to the Gunners for as little as 30 million pounds, says the Daily Mail.
Wenger wants to sign two strikers, so there is likely not enough money for Cesc Fabregas in midfield. Marca reports that while both Manchester United and Chelsea are eyeing the Barcelona man, Arsenal have turned down a chance to sign bring the 27-year-old back to the Emirates, according to the Daily Mail. Man City have also joined the chase for Fabregas, says The Mirror.
As for that second striker? The Daily Star reports a deal for Loic Remy is practically done.
Barcelona laugh at English bids
Alexis Sanchez may be making a move this summer, but Barcelona have told Manchester United and Liverpool to up their offers, rejecting bids from both English clubs, says Spanish paper Sport. PSG have also been turned away at the table for the 25-year-old attacker.
Barcelona could shore up their wing by making a play for Fiorentina's Colombian star Juan Cuardado, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Lallana's options dwindle
Mauricio Pochettino won't be reuniting with Adam Lallana at Tottenham, as Sky Sports report Spurs have given up on a deal. With one competitor out of the running, Liverpool have moved in on the England midfielder, says the Express.
Southampton will want 30 million pounds each for Lallana and left-back Luke Shaw, according to Express, but that report comes a day after the Daily Star said Liverpool offered 25 million pounds, take it or leave it.
Not so fast, New York
Frank Lampard's move to New York City FC is nearly complete, but since the MLS expansion franchise won't actually start playing until next March, Manchester City have stepped in to see if Lampard wants to stay in the Premier League for another six months, the Mirror explains. Man City do have a bit of a business interest in the U.S. club.
- Chelsea are so jealous of Atletico Madrid's success this season, the Blues could plan a raid for three of their players, reports AS. Their plan to bring in Diego Costa is well-known, but Jose Mourinho reportedly wants Felipe Luis and Diego Godin as well, financial fair play be darned.
- Reports in Italy say Manchester United's Javier Hernandez could find a home at Inter Milan, at least on loan.
- Reports in Portugal say Manchester City have nearly completed an acquisition of Porto defensive midfielder Fernando for 15 million pounds.
- Manchester City like the looks Roma defender Mehdi Benatia, but he could cost them 50 million euros, according to the Mirror. That's David Luiz money.
- Liverpool defender Glen Johnson looks to be on his way for newly promoted QPR, the Daily Star reports.
- Stoke are looking to make a splash by adding Sporting winger Diego Capel, says the Express, and the Potters aren't afraid of bigger clubs' interest.
- And one more fearless club: Leeds feel they can beat Manchester United to Cagliari defender Davide Astori, according to Express.