The observant among you may have noticed that when Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel took to the sky to head home his side's 97th-minute equaliser against Arsenal on Sunday evening, he did so sporting a rather large black bandage around his cranium.
This was because the Slovakian centre-back had his head accidentally scrawled and bloodied by Olivier Giroud's studs which caused the game to be delayed for a fair old while shortly after the restart.
TOE POKE: FOOTBALL FUNNIES
- The Wall: Newspaper's De Gea tribute
- Cheeky t-shirt: Man Utd fans poke fun at Gerrard
- Mud, glorious mud: Club World Cup farce
- Foot flap: West Brom player's gruesome injury
- Wenger is Frozen: Funny Arsenal manager parody
- Pecs appeal: Crouch copies Ronaldo
- Him again: Crouch goes crowd surfing
- World Cup bonanza: Gotze's boot sells for millions
Skrtel received a temporary patch-up and duly played...