With a Cristiano Ronaldo-themed museum already up and running in the town, the good people of Madeira have found one more way to pay homage to their most famous son, with a new statue of the Real Madrid superstar unveiled on the Portuguese island over the weekend.
TOE POKE: FOOTBALL FUNNIES
- The Wall: Newspaper's De Gea tribute
- Cheeky t-shirt: Man Utd fans poke fun at Gerrard
- Mud, glorious mud: Club World Cup farce
- Foot flap: West Brom player's gruesome injury
- Wenger is Frozen: Funny Arsenal manager parody
- Pecs appeal: Crouch copies Ronaldo
- Him again: Crouch goes crowd surfing
- World Cup bonanza: Gotze's boot sells for millions
What's more, the man himself flew in to attend the grand unveiling ceremony in his hometown of Funchal, with the 10-foot bronze sculpture capturing Ronaldo in all his glory: splay-legged and ready to send a trademark long-range free-kick...