No sooner had this year's John Lewis Christmas advert hit television screens than the internet was awash with parodies of the tale of the little boy and his beloved penguin pal.
TOE POKE: FOOTBALL FUNNIES
- The Wall: Newspaper's De Gea tribute
- Cheeky t-shirt: Man Utd fans poke fun at Gerrard
- Mud, glorious mud: Club World Cup farce
- Foot flap: West Brom player's gruesome injury
- Wenger is Frozen: Funny Arsenal manager parody
- Pecs appeal: Crouch copies Ronaldo
- Him again: Crouch goes crowd surfing
- World Cup bonanza: Gotze's boot sells for millions
Admittedly they're a little late on the uptake, but Grimsby Town have weighed in with an absolute corker of a spoof -- with the Vanarama Conference side utilising star winger Lenell John-Lewis (who is regularly the subject of "his name is a shop" chants from fans) in a scene-stealing cameo role.
The short sketch sees an...