Over in Ecuador, Emelec clinched their second successive Primera A title on Sunday evening with a 4-1 victory over SC Barcelona in the second instalment of the two-legged play-off final between the sides.
With the first game finishing 1-1 on Thursday, Emelec cruised it on their home turf, winning 3-0 largely thanks to a brace from Miller Bolanos -- though the 24-year-old attacking midfielder was fairly lucky to still be on the pitch by the time he lumped home his first goal in the 81st minute.
TOE POKE: FOOTBALL FUNNIES
- The Wall: Newspaper's De Gea tribute
- Cheeky t-shirt: Man Utd fans poke fun at Gerrard
- Mud, glorious mud: Club World Cup farce
- Foot flap: West Brom player's gruesome injury
- Wenger is Frozen: Funny Arsenal manager parody
- Pecs appeal: Crouch copies Ronaldo
- Him again: Crouch goes crowd surfing
- World Cup bonanza: Gotze's boot sells for millions