After "temporarily misplacing" one of his boots during Atletico Madrid's Copa del Rey defeat against Barcelona on Wednesday evening, Arda Turan's friends marked the Turkish midfielder's birthday two days later by providing him with a replacement.
THE TOE POKE: FOOTBALL FUNNIES
- Google search mocks Tottenham's defending
- Dani Alves' new/awful "teddy bear" shoes
- FA Cup shocks almost net one million pounds for gambler
- Notts County ban entire country from Facebook page
- Aston Villa get excited on Twitter about contract renewal
- WATCH: Backpass chaos in Mexico's Liga MX
- Jack Wilshere tries to dance like Daniel Sturridge
Of course, being considerate types, Turan's pals made sure his new boot was made solely of sponge cake and raspberry jam so as to ensure he couldn't injure any poor unfortunate linesmen with it in the near future.
Atlético Madrid hero Arda Turan...