England manager Roy Hodgson caused a bit of stir when he called up 19-year-old Dele Alli to his squad for the Euro 2016 qualifiers against Estonia and Lithuania this month. But the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder is not the only promising young player set to get his first taste of senior international action over the next week or so.
Here are five other young and uncapped call-ups to look out for during the international break.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Ames: Dutch self-destruct in qualifying | Heroes & Villains
- Hunter: Valencia at crossroads | Laurens: Lass comeback
- Cox: Allardyce typical Sunderland | Evans: Klopp pressure
- Marcotti: Klopp impresses; Platini must convince; Euros
- Delaney: Roman backs Mourinho | Miller: Int'l break woe
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- FC TV: Dutch didn't deserve Euros | Bale will never be best
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Paulo Dybala | 21 | Forward | Argentina
Dybala refused to follow the lead...