There was only one story in town this week and it didn't involve action on the field. The investigation into FIFA stunned the world of football but Confederation of African Football officials chose the business as usual line and backed the continuation of the congress and current president Sepp Blatter. Here's a round-up of the week's top stories.
- Timeline of latest events | Best social media reaction
- Marcotti: Will FIFA crisis result in change? | Q&A
- FIFA officials arrested at dawn in Zurich | The defendants
- Blatter welcomes probe | Russia blasts U.S. | Warner out
- Attorney general on corruption | Officials face extradition
- Munson: The legal implications | What has been said
- UEFA wants election halted | U.S. won't vote Blatter
- Explainer: FIFA's ugly game | Timeline of corruption
Blatter still Africa's man
CAF have never shied away from backing the man who brought the World Cup to Africa for the first time and, even with the...