Featured Matches
Previous
Internazionale
Manchester United
(3) 0
(5) 0
FT-Pens
Game Details
Real Madrid
AS Roma
1:15 AM GMT
Game Details
Recreativo Huelva
Sunderland
0
1
FT
Game Details
Sparta Prague
Malmo FF
4
2
FT
Leg 1
Game Details
Sparta Prague
Malmo FF
4
2
FT
Leg 1
Game Details
Slovan Bratislava
Sheriff Tiraspol
2
1
FT
Leg 1
Game Details
Debrecen
BATE Borisov
1
0
FT
Leg 1
Game Details
Wealdstone
Wycombe Wanderers
1
2
FT
Game Details
Frickley Athletic
Scunthorpe XI
0
1
FT
Game Details
Exeter City
Swansea City
0
2
FT
Game Details
Alfreton Town
Rotherham United
0
2
FT
Game Details
Burton Albion
Derby County
0
1
FT
Game Details
Lincoln City
Mansfield Town
1
3
FT
Game Details
Newport County
Coventry City
1
0
FT
Game Details
Notts County
Birmingham City
0
4
FT
Game Details
Portsmouth
AFC Bournemouth
2
3
FT
Game Details
Stevenage
Reading
0
0
FT
Game Details
Altrincham
Accrington Stanley
1
1
FT
Game Details
Cambridge United
Milton Keynes Dons
3
1
FT
Game Details
Cheltenham Town
Bristol City
1
4
FT
Game Details
Concord Rangers
Dagenham & Redbridge
0
2
FT
Game Details
Dumbarton
Carlisle United
0
2
FT
Game Details
Hyde
Burnley XI
2
3
FT
Game Details
Kidderminster Harriers
Shrewsbury Town
1
1
FT
Game Details
Leyton Orient
Queens Park Rangers
2
2
FT
Game Details
Luton Town
Colchester United
2
2
FT
Game Details
Margate
Barnet
2
1
FT
Game Details
Oxford United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
0
1
FT
Game Details
Preston North End
Burnley
2
1
FT
Game Details
Sheffield United
Huddersfield Town
0
1
FT
Game Details
Southend United
Ipswich Town
1
2
FT
Game Details
Recreativo Huelva
Sunderland
0
1
FT
Game Details
Valerenga
Stabaek
3
2
FT
Game Details
Defensor Sporting
Nacional
1
0
LIVE 59'
Leg 2. Aggregate: 1 - 2
Game Details
Guadalajara
Coras Tepic
3
0
LIVE 47'
Game Details
Irapuato
Queretaro
2
1
LIVE 55'
Game Details
Lobos BUAP
Chiapas
4
2
LIVE 79'
Game Details
Mineros de Zacatecas
U. de G.
0
0
LIVE 81'
Game Details
Correcaminos
Monterrey
2:00 AM GMT
Game Details
Tijuana
Zacatepec
2:00 AM GMT
Game Details
U.A.N.L
Altamira
2:00 AM GMT
Game Details
Náutico
Icasa
1
0
FT
Game Details
Portuguesa de Desportos
Oeste
0
0
LIVE 79'
Game Details
Internazionale
Manchester United
(3) 0
(5) 0
FT-Pens
Game Details
Real Madrid
AS Roma
1:15 AM GMT
Game Details
Cienciano del Cusco
Alianza Lima
2
1
FT
Game Details
Next

Five Aside: Gotze's historics secure glory

Five Aside Jul 13, 2014
Read

Brazil's dubious distinction

Five Aside Jul 12, 2014
Read

Five historic storylines to watch in the final

Five Aside Jul 11, 2014
Read

Five Aside: Netherlands-Argentina preview

Five Aside Jul 7, 2014
Read

Early Argentina, Dutch survive

Five Aside Jul 5, 2014
Read

Quarterfinals Day 1: Favorites win through

Five Aside Jul 4, 2014
Read

Five Aside: Group winners reign

Five Aside Jul 1, 2014
Read

CAF's best push UEFA teams to the limit

Five Aside Jun 30, 2014
Read

Five Aside: Round of 16 records fall

Five Aside Jun 29, 2014
Read

South Americans set records

Five Aside Jun 28, 2014
Read

Matchday 14: Messi, Argentina in round of 16

Five Aside Jun 25, 2014
Read

Late-game heroics the norm for U.S.

Five Aside Jun 25, 2014
Read

World Cup firsts abound on Matchday 13

Five Aside Jun 24, 2014
Read

Five Aside: Matchday 12

Five Aside Jun 23, 2014
Read

Five Aside: Match Day 10

Five Aside Jun 21, 2014
Read
Apr 25, 2014

Liverpool looks to tighten grip on title race

Liverpool and Chelsea face off Sunday at Anfield in a match that will have major implications on the Premier League title race. Liverpool currently sits atop the table with 80 points, with Chelsea in second on 75 points. Manchester City, which also plays Sunday, is currently in third with 74 points and a game in hand.

According to ESPN's Soccer Power Index (SPI), Liverpool is the favorite Sunday as the home side, projected to win 43 percent of the time. Chelsea is predicted to win 29 percent of the time, with the match ending in a draw in the other 28 percent. That's assuming Chelsea plays something resembling its top lineup, which may not be the case with the Blues looking ahead to Wednesday's Champions League match.

Liverpool is currently SPI's heavy favorite to win the league with 85 percent odds compared to just 2 percent for Chelsea (Man City has the other 13 percent). A win by Liverpool would mathematically eliminate Chelsea from the title race and increase the Reds' odds to 96 percent. A win by Chelsea would keep the Blues alive in the title race, jumping its odds to 16 percent and dropping Liverpool's to 60 percent. A draw Sunday would leave things virtually unchanged for the two sides, while giving Manchester City a boost.

This match features the highest-scoring team in the five major European leagues in Liverpool (96 goals), against the team that has conceded the fewest goals in the Premier League in Chelsea (26 goals). Chelsea's task of stopping Liverpool will prove more difficult without goalkeeper Petr Cech, who was injured in Chelsea’s Champions League semifinal match Tuesday. In addition to allowing the fewest goals, Cech has a 78.6 save percentage this season, second highest in the league (minimum five matches).

The best way to score on Chelsea may be from corners. Chelsea has allowed 23 percent of its goals from corner kicks in league play this season (six of 26), the highest percentage in the Premier League and second highest in the five major European leagues. Liverpool has scored 11 goals from corners in league play this season; only Manchester City (12) has scored more such goals in the top five leagues.

Liverpool leads the Premier League in scoring on the counterattack, scoring nine fast-break goals this season.  No other team has scored more than four such goals, one of which is Chelsea. This might prove difficult Sunday, as Chelsea is one of two Premier League teams not to concede a fast-break goal this season.

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.