Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery, Medhi Benatia ruled out for rest of 2015
Bayern Munich have announced that Franck Ribery and Medhi Benatia are ruled out for the final three matches of 2015.
Ribery, 32, and Benatia, 28, were both withdrawn with muscular problems during Bayern's 2-0 Champions League win at Dinamo Zagreb on Wednesday.
"Following thorough medical examinations, chief medical officer Dr Volker Braun has diagnosed both players with strained muscles," the club said on their official website.
Bayern added that Ribery and Benatia "are sidelined for the time being and unavailable for selection for the remaining three matches prior to the winter break."
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Ribery had been making only his second appearance for Bayern after his return from a nine-month injury layoff.
Benatia has struggled with injuries since joining the Bavarians from Roma in 2014 and has been available for only 12 of their 24 competitive games this season.
The runaway Bundesliga leaders host Ingolstadt on Saturday and Darmstadt in the German cup on Tuesday.
They play their last match of the year at struggling Hannover the weekend before Christmas.