New Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has refused to comment on the future of Germany international Mario Gomez, who could be on the move in the summer.
However, Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said no offer had so far been made for the striker.
Gomez, 27, dropped down the pecking order in Bayern Munich’s record-breaking season after missing the start because of ankle surgery.
He eventually played in 32 Bayern games – not all of them as part of the starting line-up – and scored an impressive 19 goals.
Through his agent, Uli Ferber, Gomez has made it clear he would prefer to join a new club in order to play “100% of games” and has been linked with Juventus and Fiorentina.
When asked about Gomez’s future at Bayern, Guardiola said: “Right now, Mario Gomez is a Bayern Munich player. But that is a question for Kalle [Rummenigge] or Matthias [Sammer].”
Rummenigge said: “Mario Gomez will start training with us on Wednesday. Until now, we have not received a formal offer from Italy. We’ll see about anything else.”