Francois Ciccolini succeeds Ghislain Printant as Bastia manager
Ligue 1 strugglers Bastia have replaced manager Ghislain Printant with his assistant Francois Ciccolini.
Printant, 54, had taken over from Claude Makelele in November 2014 and steered the Corsicans to safety last season as well as the Coupe de la Ligue final.
But with Bastia only three points above the relegation zone, Printant has been relieved of his duties following back-to-back defeats against Ligue 2 side Sochaux in the Coupe de France and Guingamp in the league.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"From today Ghislain Printant is no longer in charge of the professional team," a club statement read.
"Francois Ciccolini has been given the task of filling the role on an interim basis until the end of the season and to ensure the club stays in Ligue 1.
"More details on the reasons for this internal reorganisation will be given tomorrow at the prematch press conference."
Ciccolini, 53, is a former Bastia attacker who managed the club during the 2004-05 season and returned as a coach in December 2014.
His first game in charge will be on Saturday, when Bastia host ninth-placed Lyon.