Mesut Ozil: Arsenal's job is to spoil Leicester party on Sunday
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil has said it will be "incredibly difficult to stop" Premier League leaders Leicester City when the two sides meet this weekend.
Leicester claimed a thrilling 3-1 win at Manchester City on Saturday to extend their lead over Arsenal and Tottenham to five points.
The Foxes travel to Arsenal this Sunday and Ozil is wary of their opponents' quality ahead of a key game in the title race.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"It'll be incredibly difficult to stop them. They were up 3-0 at Manchester City after 60 minutes. It's brilliant what they accomplish with their team," Ozil told German wire SID.
"You have to have the greatest respect for that. Our job is to at least for now get Leicester off this unbelievable wave of euphoria.
"That Leicester lead the Premier League by this margin in February is one of the biggest surprises in the European top flights in the past few years."
Ozil, who scored in Arsenal's 2-0 win over Bournemouth at the weekend, added: "We are now challenged to change that."
On Monday, Ben Wrigglesworth confirmed on Twitter that he has left his position as head of technical scouting at Leicester to join Arsenal as their first-team video scout.