Norwich close to signing Everton's Steven Naismith in £8m deal - sources
Norwich City are closing in on the signing of Everton forward Steven Naismith, sources have confirmed to ESPN FC.
Norwich are keen to bolster their attacking options in the January transfer window to boost their survival bid and they have made Naismith their top target.
The club have had a long-term interest in Scotland international Naismith and saw a move for the player turned down in the summer, with the Guardian reporting earlier that Norwich were making a move for the forward.
The Canaries have continued to monitor Naismith's situation and they believe they can lure him away from Goodison Park with the offer of regular first-team football.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
A number of other Premier League clubs have been keeping tabs on Naismith, but Norwich are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by setting up an £8 million deal with Everton.
Naismith has found himself on the periphery of Roberto Martinez's plans this season, making just four starts in the Premier League.
Everton are willing to cash in on Naismith so they can use the funds elsewhere to strengthen the squad and it will be up to the player if he wants to leave the team.
The 29-year-old has made over 100 Premier League appearances for Everton since joining the club from Rangers in 2012.