Cristiano Ronaldo thinks about Manchester United, misses Ferguson
Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted he still thinks about Manchester United and that he misses Sir Alex Ferguson.
Ronaldo was named the best player in the world for the second successive year at FIFA's Ballon d'Or ceremony on Monday.
However, the Real Madrid winger has recently been linked with a return to Old Trafford, where he enjoyed a strong relationship with former manager Ferguson.
CRISTIANO RONALDO WINS 2014 BALLON D'OR
- 2014 Ballon d'Or: Ronaldo wins again | Best of Twitter
- VIDEO: Ronaldo claims award | Was it the right choice?
- Coach of the Year: Joachim Low | World XI
- Marcotti: Ronaldo deserves Ballon d'Or | Toe Poke
- Barnes: Neuer should have won | Messi tired
- Infographic: 2014 -- The year of Ronaldo | Stein
"I think about Manchester United," Ronaldo said after winning the award. "The beginning of my career was there, that's where I started.
"I know the fans are there supporting me. I haven't had a message from Sir Alex yet but I speak with him often.
"He told me to keep improving all the time. He said: 'Cristiano, you're the best, don't worry about the rest.' He's fantastic, I miss him."
Ronaldo left United for Real in 2009, signing for the Liga giants for a fee of 80 millions pounds.