Theo Walcott close to return
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Theo Walcott should return to his squad at the end of August.
Walcott is continuing his recovery from a ruptured anterior cruciate knee ligament he suffered during Arsenal's FA Cup clash with Tottenham in January and, although he recently said it had "pretty much healed," he will miss the start of the new Premier League season.
Wenger expects Walcott to return to full training no later than the start of September -- meaning the 25-year-old should be fit for their first derby with Tottenham on Sept. 27.
"Theo Walcott is planned to come back into my group on Aug. 31, beginning of September at the latest," Wenger said. "He is doing well but he is not completely ready. I would say he could play at the end of August."
Walcott did not feature for the rest of last season and missed England's World Cup campaign in Brazil this summer.
Free to play: ESPN FC Premier League fantasy
- Sign up for our new game and challenge your friends
- Fantasy Blog: Tips for picking your first squad
- How to play the game -- fantasy rules in full
- FAQ: All your game questions answered
- Transfers: Check out the latest Premier League moves
- Fantasy HQ: Email us with your issues