Former Manchester United manager David Moyes has been cleared by the police after he was accused of assaulting a builder.
Moyes, who was not arrested, voluntarily answered questions from the police about an incident at a wine bar in Clitheroe, a few miles from his Preston home, on May 21.
Builder Josh Gillibrand, 23, claimed Moyes grabbed him and said he suffered a bloodied nose and concussion in a scuffle. However, witnesses had said that Moyes, who was sacked by United the previous month, had been abused by a group of drinkers when he entered the bar.
Moyes was never charged and now Lancashire Police have confirmed that they will not take their investigations any further with a spokesman saying: "After careful consideration of all the circumstances in this case it has been decided that no further action will be taken against anyone.
"A thorough investigation has been carried out and everyone identified as having been involved in this incident or having witnessed it have provided accounts to the police.
"All these accounts were given voluntarily, it has not been necessary to arrest any person. These accounts have been considered and it has been decided that this is the most appropriate course of action."
The 51-year-old Scot, who managed Everton for 11 years, has lived in Preston since his days as first a player and then a manager with Preston North End.