Former Tottenham coach Tim Sherwood has spoken publicly for the first time since he lost his job on Tuesday, with the youthful tactician confirming he was not surprised when he was told he would not continue in the post.
• Fitch: Tottenham year review
Sherwood's departure from Spurs had been widely expected after months of speculation suggesting his days in the job were numbered.
"Put it this way, I didn't fall off my chair when he told me, it wasn't that much of a shock," Sherwood told ITV Sport. "Obviously I was disappointed to lose my job. A job I thought I did reasonably well in.
"Obviously, I have to respect the decision of the football club. It's a massive football club and it's going to be bigger than any manager who comes in or any players there. I have full respect for their decision."
Sherwood admitted his spell as Spurs boss was 'a massive learning curve' after he took over from Andre Villas-Boas last December, but he insisted he has not lost his enthusiasm to be a manager after his turbulent stint in charge of Tottenham.
"I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to get back in," he added. "Perversely I like doing it. To want to do that job you must be crazy, but I knew what I was going into. There's a lot of tension and pressure occupies your mind totally. I was waking up in the night thinking of teams, who you should play.
"It was a massive learning curve, my first opportunity to manage. I've seen wins, defeats and draws and I've seen a few tantrums and the sack, which I didn't want to see. I've seen a lot in those five months and I will learn from it.
"Would I do anything different? Probably not. I want to adapt what I have learned. Another door opens."
Sherwood's failure to guide Tottenham into the Champions League was believed to have played a role in the club's decision to replace him, with the former Blackburn midfielder now being linked with vacancies at Championship sides Brighton and Norwich.