Previous
Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester United
0
0
FT
Game Details
Southampton
Chelsea
1
1
FT
Game Details
Manchester City
Burnley
2
2
FT
Game Details
West Ham United
Arsenal
1
2
FT
Game Details
Newcastle United
Everton
3
2
FT
Game Details
Aston Villa
Sunderland
0
0
FT
Game Details
Queens Park Rangers
Crystal Palace
0
0
FT
Game Details
Hull City
Leicester City
0
1
FT
Game Details
Next

Hughes disappointed to lose Diouf

Stoke
Read

Moyes: United may sign no one

David Moyes has said Manchester United could reach the end of the summer transfer window on September 2 without making a major signing.

• United to reject third Rooney bid
 Moyes keen on Mata

United have failed in attempts to bring Cesc Fabregas and Thiago Alcantara to Old Trafford from Barcelona and have seen bids for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini rejected by Everton.

And while former Everton manager Moyes is keen to add to United’s squad and is interested in Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata, he said it remained possible that no deals would happen.

“There is a need to do it, but there is no pressure to do it,” he said. “I have an idea of where I'd like to strengthen. If the right players are available, then great -- but there is a possibility nothing may happen. If not, the first thing we'll do is encourage our own young players in the squad to do as well as they did last year.

“The plan is we bring in one or two if we can. I think there is [value for money available] but we have only targeted certain players and don't have a big, big list. There are only certain quality players we want to bring to the club."

So far, United’s only additions are Wilfried Zaha, whose £15 million move from Crystal Palace was tied up by Sir Alex Ferguson in January, and Uruguayan youngster Guillermo Varela.

Moyes reiterated that Wayne Rooney, the subject of two bids from Chelsea, is not for sale, although Jose Mourinho is expected to make a third offer after the two clubs meet at Old Trafford on Monday.

"We've told you, haven't we [that Rooney is not for sale]?" he said. "I hardly need to repeat it again. It doesn't need to be said."

Former United assistant manager Mike Phelan said new chief executive Ed Woodward was to blame for their problems in the transfer market.

Everton described a £28 million joint offer for Fellaini and Baines as “derisory and insulting”, and Phelan told BBC Radio Manchester: “I think that [Fellaini-Baines] was a cheeky bid. It was never going to get off the ground. What they have done is opened the line into Everton.

“Ed Woodward has previously been on the commercial side, concentrating on bringing money into the club rather than spending it. It is a totally different outlook. He will learn that.

“He may be frightened by a few prices but he will have to pick that up, because you are dealing with high-quality football players. He and the club have gone on record to say that money is available. That’s great -- but then every price goes up a peg or two as well.”

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.