Leverkusen deny Schurrle deal done
Bayer Leverkusen have confirmed talks are ongoing with Chelsea over Andre Schurrle but have denied a deal has been done.
Schurrle, 22, has been on Chelsea's radar for some time but a report earlier this week cast doubt on the move, with Blues midfielder Kevin de Bruyne - who it was believed would be used in part-exchange - reportedly preferring a move to Borussia Dortmund over Leverkusen.
New Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is working on his plans for next season and he spoke to Schurrle at Michael Ballack's farewell match on Wednesday evening.
It was reported late on Wednesday that a breakthrough had been made between Chelsea, Leverkusen and Schurrle but the Bundesliga side insist talks are ongoing.
"We have talked and the interest from Chelsea is there," Bayer sporting director Rudi Voller said. "There is nothing to confirm. Let's wait."
Schurrle was pressed on his contact with Mourinho, who was in charge of the World Team for the Ballack game, but he gave little away. "Of course I talked to him,” the Germany international said. “He is my coach after all."