West Ham United
Pachuca
At. San Luis
3:06 AM UTC Jan 17, 2018
Botafogo
Portuguesa RJ

Krasic confirms Sunderland interest

Fenerbahce winger Milos Krasic has confirmed Sunderland are interested in securing his services.

Milos Krasic has become frustrated at a lack of playing time at Fenerbahce
Milos Krasic has 46 caps for Serbia

Krasic, 28, ended an indifferent time at Juventus when he joined Fener in a deal worth €7 million last summer. Unable to secure a regular starting place in the Turkish club's side, the Serbian international started just half a dozen league games this campaign and is now willing to discuss a potential move away.

Following confirmation earlier this week from his agent that a number of Premier League sides were tracking the player, Krasic has confirmed that Paolo Di Canio's Sunderland are one of a number of potential suitors, and that he is refusing to rule out remaining at Fener.

"It's not just Sunderland who are interested, there are other clubs in England and Italy," Krasic told Serbian newspaper Novosti.

"Fenerbahce is a great club, the fans put their trust in me and I like living in Istanbul but if Fenerbahce decide they don't need me then I have to consider my options and the offers being made. My wish is to stay Fenerbahçe but we will see. I want to start preparing for next season because I missed pre-season last summer and that held me back."

Any deal potential agreement with the Black Cats would require Krasic to take a pay-cut. Currently earning around €2.3 million-a-year in Istanbul, it is understood that Sunderland are unwilling to match the terms of his current deal.

Comments