Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says that he is not looking to make signings in January to sort out his side's poor form.
Rodgers' side have lost four matches in a row -- the latest a 3-1 Premier League defeat at Crystal Palace on Sunday -- as they prepare for Wednesday's away match against Bulgarian side Ludogorets in the Champions League.
- Macintosh: Drastic action for Rodgers
- FC TV: Brendan has been found out
- Sturridge: Injury is another hurdle to jump
- 50-50: Should Rodgers or Wenger go?
- Balotelli rates his Anfield form out of 10
- Carragher: Reds lacking leadership
- Player Ratings: Liverpool abject at Palace
The Reds signed nine players during the summer as they sold last season's 31-goal top scorer Luis Suarez to Barcelona for 75 million pounds in July.
But the new...
Liverpool striker Rickie Lambert says that criticism of captain Steven Gerrard is "shocking."
Gerrard's effectiveness as a defensive midfielder has been called into question repeatedly, with even Jamie Carragher -- a Reds teammate for 15 years -- stating that he struggles to make an impact in that role.
Retired England defender Carragher, now a television pundit, has suggested that the 34-year-old should be moved further forward -- but many fans have asked whether he should be dropped altogether.
Jonny Evans could hand Manchester United a rare defensive injury boost by making his comeback for the club's reserve team.
Evans, 26, suffered an ankle injury in September's 5-3 defeat at Leicester, but the club announced that he may feature against Blackburn in the Lancashire Senior Cup on Tuesday evening.
MANCHESTER UNITED LATEST
- Mitten: Van Persie struggles a concern
- Payne: De Gea needs a new contract now
- Player Ratings: De Gea and Rooney shine vs. Arsenal
- Brewin: United and Arsenal have excuses
- Van Gaal: Formation vs. Arsenal was a risk
- United fans 'loudest in Premier League'
- Giggs could leave United to further career
The Northern Ireland international has been out for two months and has only made four appearances this season, but returned to training after having a protective cast on his ankle removed.