"What did we used to talk about before rotation?"
Those words were spoken by a friend during the momentous 2000-01 season when Gerard Houllier's Liverpool won three trophies and navigated the club's debut entry into the Champions League.
After six seasons of Houllier and another six from Rafael Benitez, discussions over the merits and disadvantages of utilising the squad no longer happen. Rotation was an established fact and here to stay.
- ESPN FC TV: What lies ahead for Balotelli?
- Sturridge: Mario unfairly stereotyped by media
- German keeper's agent plays down Anfield link
- Sterling listed for European 'Golden Boy' award
- Kelly: Lovren leads mediocre Reds to Cup win
- Suarez: Liverpool didn't deal well with Evra case
Houllier constructed a squad to keep moving smoothly through...
LONDON -- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is "convinced" his team are still contenders in this season's Premier League title race, even though they have fallen 11 points behind leaders Chelsea after just nine games.
Arsenal's latest title challenge appears to be in trouble after they won just three of their opening nine Premier League fixtures, yet Wenger believes his side will bounce back and challenge Jose Mourinho's Blues for top spot in the final stages of the campaign.
"I have a strong belief...