Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato has set his sights on a move to the Premier League when the January transfer window opens, sources have told ESPN FC.
Pato, 26, is expected to leave Corinthians in the New Year with the club willing to sell the former AC Milan star when his loan stay at Sao Paulo ends.
The forward has been on loan at Sao Paulo from Corinthians for the past two seasons, scoring 24 goals and recapturing the form which saw him win a big-money move to AC Milan in 2007.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Macintosh: Arsenal have hope | Sanchez, Ozil top ratings
- Corrigan: Complete Barca dominate Roma | Ratings
- Lovell: Costa stars for Bayern | Willian leads Chelsea
- Johnson: How teams can qualify for UCL last 16
- Iniesta tops Power Rankings | Corrigan: Pressure on Rafa
- FC TV: Chelsea show progress | MLS coach of the year
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Pato saw his progress...
Ruud van Nistelrooy believes Arsenal were "a little obsessed" with him and Manchester United, but says he misses the rivalry between the two clubs.
Arsenal were fined £175,000 by the FA and Martin Keown, Lauren, Ray Parlour and Patrick Vieira all received bans after clashes on the pitch when Van Nistelrooy missed a last-minute penalty against the Gunners at Old Trafford in 2003.
Viera had been sent off for kicking out at Van Nistelrooy before the spot kick -- leading to Arsene Wenger calling...
LIVERPOOL -- Dejan Lovren says that Liverpool have regained their confidence under Jurgen Klopp as they chase Champions League qualification.
Lovren, 26, suffered a tough first season at Anfield after a £20 million move from Southampton in July 2014.
But he has grabbed his chance to re-establish himself in the Reds' Premier League lineup after Mamadou Sakho suffered medial knee ligament damage during the 2-1 home defeat to Crystal Palace on Nov. 8.
With fellow centre-back Martin Skrtel struggling...