Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre will let new manager Jurgen Klopp decide whether to bring in any former Reds players to help bridge a gap to the club's past.
Klopp's arrival on Merseyside saw former midfielder Gary McAllister removed from his coaching position -- which he had only held since the summer -- on Thursday and moved into an ambassadorial role.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Rating Klopp's news conference | Why he chose Liverpool
- Delaney: Roman backs Mourinho | Theo Walcott is central
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- Top 10 : International rivalries | Vickery on CONMEBOL
- McIntyre: Klinsmann's test | Marshall: Mexico chaos | Picks
- FC TV: Power Rankings | Tension in Madrid? | Prem top four
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
There has already been speculation about whether Jamie Carragher could be persuaded to ditch his television commitments to return to Anfield,...