What's trending: Marcus Rashford and Harry Kane shine, Garde set for sack?
Here are the latest stories from Monday.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal described Marcus Rashford as a "real striker" after the 18-year-old scored the only goal to win the derby at Manchester City. Chris Smalling says it would be tough to defend his teammate.
- Van Gaal believes United have a great chance of securing Champions League football after coming through a "test of survival" at rivals Manchester City.
- TRANSFER TALK: However, Real Madrid are still keen on goalkeeper David De Gea, reports the Daily Star.
- Man United finally show progress as Man City's wane grows more obvious, writes Miguel Delaney.
- Eleven arrests were made at Sunday's Manchester derby at the Etihad Stadium.
- Joe Hart and Raheem Sterling will miss England's forthcoming friendlies, with Pellegrini saying he expected muscle injuries to keep them out for up to a month.
- Harry Kane stole the show, following last weekend's brace against Aston Villa with another double, putting Spurs 2-0 up after just 16 minutes. Kane says his goal haul for Tottenham should persuade rival Premier League clubs to put their faith in youth rather than spending big on overseas stars.
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp didn't have an answer for his side's shocking second half performance in their 3-2 loss at Southampton, and admitted the Saints "deserved" the three points on Sunday.
- Jurgen Klopp's apparent telling-off of Christian Benteke after Liverpool's 3-2 defeat at Southampton on Sunday has been criticised by former Reds midfielder Danny Murphy.
JUVENTUS: Gigi Buffon gave all credit to his teammates after setting the Serie A goalkeeping record for consecutive minutes played without conceding. In the fourth minute against Torino on Sunday, Buffon broke Sebastiano Rossi's 22-year-old record of 929 minutes and stayed unbeaten until 974 minutes, when Andrea Belotti's penalty ended the streak.
- If Real get anything out of this season, Keylor Navas will be handed the keys to the city says our Player Ratings.
- Gary Lineker has congratulated Gareth Bale after the Real Madrid forward overtook his record to become the all-time leading British goal scorer in La Liga.
- Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has advised Man City not to bank on signing the Bavarian club's stars, despite the imminent arrival of Pep Guardiola at the Etihad for next season.
- England's last-ditch attempt to convince Arsenal starlet Alex Iwobi to turn his back on Nigeria will not succeed, a source close to the player's family has told ESPN FC.
- Leicester City captain Wes Morgan is in advanced talks over a new contract with the Premier League leaders, a source close to the player has told ESPN FC.
ASTON VILLA: Remi Garde could have taken charge of his last game as Aston Villa manager, according to Press Association Sport. Villa are set to be relegated from the Premier League after their 1-0 defeat at Swansea on Saturday, their 21st league loss of the season.
Come back for another review of the trending stories across world football.