What's trending: Wenger's Arsenal injuries mount, Ronaldo hits 40th goal
Here are the latest stories from Wednesday.
- Wenger gave short shrift to renewed calls for him to leave took the form of a banner in the crowd saying the Arsenal manager should "say goodbye" following the Gunners' win over Hull City in their FA Cup fifth-round replay at the KC Stadium.
- Arsenal strikers Olivier Giroud and Theo Walcott ended droughts in what was a welcome triumph, writes Richard Jolly, while Arsenal had to reshuffle several times due to more injury issues but, despite that, had far too much for Hull, writes James McNicholas.
- Real Madrid goal scorer James Rodriguez admitted his form had not been great lately after he scored in his team's victory against Roma, a result which sent Los Blancos through 4-0 on aggregate to the last eight.
- Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas kept an eighth successive Champions League clean sheet to move ahead of Edwin van der Sar and claim the second-longest run without conceding a goal in the competition.
- Make no mistake: PSG's season will be defined by their Champions League performance, meaning everything is at stake vs. Chelsea, writes Jon Johnson.
CHELSEA: Guus Hiddink insists that Eden Hazard must show what he is capable of when Chelsea look to overturn a 2-1 deficit in the second leg of their Champions League round-of-16 tie with Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday.
- Brazil coach Dunga would prefer to see Barcelona star Neymar at the Olympics in August than in the Copa America in the United States in June.
MLS: The Seattle Sounders have signed center-back Tony Alfaro, the team's first pick in the 2016 Major League Soccer SuperDraft, according to the club's website.
- Kaka will not be able to make his season debut for Orlando City on Friday, though new signing Antonio Nocerino should be available to face the Chicago Fire.
Mateo Kovačić comes in for Real Madrid with Totti already on the pitch for Roma. Totti made his debut for Roma before Kovačić was born #UCL- Infostrada Sports (@InfostradaLive) March 8, 2016
Come back for another review of the trending stories across world football.