What's trending: Louis van Gaal wants 'horny' display against Midtjylland
- United will be without goalkeeper David De Gea on Thursday as he remains sidelined with a knee injury.
- WATCH: ESPN FC's Shaka Hislop is backing United to show a response on Thursday and secure progress to the round of 16.
- Germany captain Bastian Schweinsteiger has said he will be back training with the ball in around 10 days and dismissed questions over his form and fitness.
CHELSEA: Italian football federation president Carlo Tavecchio is unaware of any plans Antonio Conte might have to join Chelsea.
- WATCH: ESPN FC's Shaka Hislop says former Juventus boss Antonio Conte has proven pedigree.
- The Sun claims Chelsea have sounded out Everton's John Stones, Bayern Munich's Arturo Vidal and Roma's Radja Nainggolan about moves to Stamford Bridge this summer.
- Jose Mourinho has said Frank Lampard was the best Premier League for a decade.
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein's attempt to have Friday's FIFA presidential election postponed.
LIVERPOOL: Daniel Sturridge has said he is hurt by suggestions he did not want to play for Liverpool during his time on the sidelines.
- Jurgen Klopp plans to pick a strong team to face Augsburg in the Europa League on Thursday despite Sunday's Capital One Cup final against Manchester City.
- Augsburg coach Markus Weinzierl says his side "want to achieve the unthinkable" and eliminate Liverpool. "A draw would be enough for us, and the Germans always win on penalties," he joked.
- El-Hadji Diouf has launched a fresh attack on former Liverpool teammates Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard.
- Liverpool legend Alan Hansen believes manager Jurgen Klopp would need to spend around £200 million in the transfer market to make the club genuine Premier League title contenders again.
- Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng says Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez can "all smell if you're afraid to duel with them."
MAN CITY: Manuel Pellegrini is confident of reaching the Champions League quarterfinals after Wednesday's 3-1 win away to Dynamo Kiev.
- WATCH: The ESPN FC panel discuss Yaya Toure's inconsistent performances after his late goal against Dynamo Kiev.
- Raheem Sterling was given a perfect 10 in ESPN FC blogger David Mooney's player ratings.
- Man City are stepping up their interest in West Ham youngster Reece Oxford, sources have told ESPN FC.
ARSENAL: Javier Mascherano said Barcelona knew Arsenal would become disorganised eventually as they secured a 2-0 victory at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been ruled out of Sunday's game against Manchester United.
- Robert Pires has announced his retirement from football at the age of 42.
- Sources have told ESPN FC that Mathieu Flamini is set to leave the club this summer.
TOTTENHAM: Fiorentina boss Paulo Sousa says Europa League opponents Tottenham are "one of the very best teams in Europe."
- Spurs blogger John Crace says Harry Kane and Mousa Dembele's injuries are a problem for the club.
- WATCH: ESPN FC's Shaka Hislop says Manuel Neuer showed arrogance with his failed pass against Juventus.
City become first English club to score 3+ goals in CL KO away match since Manchester United won 3-2 at Milan on 16 Feb 2010. #kyivvcity- Infostrada Sports (@InfostradaLive) February 24, 2016
Come back tomorrow for another review of the trending stories across world football.