What's trending: Ibrahimovic ready for Premier League; Messi hits No. 300
Here are the top stories from Thursday:
- Didier Drogba has leapt to the defence of fellow Ivorian Serge Aurier after he was suspended by Paris Saint-Germain for making derogatory remarks on social media.
- Edinson Cavani's father has said the forward remains unhappy with his role at Paris Saint-Germain and that he would like to see him join Real Madrid, Manchester United or Juventus.
- All the stats you need on Lionel Messi's latest milestone are here.
- Sporting Gijon manager Abelardo Fernandez has said Barcelona are "from another galaxy" after they beat his side 3-1.
MAN UNITED: Louis van Gaal has said he personally would rather win the FA Cup than the Europa League, even though it would secure Champions League qualification.
- Wayne Rooney is reportedly facing around two months out with a knee injury.
- The Daily Mirror suggests Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be reunited with former Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford in the summer.
REAL MADRID: Rafa Benitez says president Florentino Perez's impatience hurts the club's coaches.
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 12th goal in the Champions League in the 2-0 win over Roma and reached 89 goals, extending his lead in the all-time list of the competition. Read the stats here.
- WATCH: ESPN FC's Sid Lowe says Cristiano Ronaldo is tired of the comparisons with Lionel Messi.
- British Conservative MEP Daniel Dalton has asked the European Commission to investigate whether taxpayers' money was used to underwrite Gareth Bale's transfer to Real Madrid.
- Manchester City still expect it to take as much as three years for their academy to start regularly producing first-team players, senior sources have told ESPN FC.
MLS: Obafemi Martins has said goodbye to Seattle Sounders fans ahead of his move to Shanghai Shenhua.
- Dave Peacock, the former Anheuser-Busch executive who led the failed effort to keep the Rams in St. Louis, is part of a group trying to attract an MLS expansion franchise to the city.
TOTTENHAM: Mauricio Pochettino says Hugo Lloris is likely to miss Tottenham's next two matches against Fiorentina and Crystal Palace after suffering a shoulder injury in the dying moments of Sunday's 2-1 win at Manchester City.
Lionel Messi averages 1.2 goals per game (last 5 yrs)- ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) February 17, 2016
That puts him in the top half of La Liga, among entire TEAMS pic.twitter.com/cNCaU0MFMl
Come back tomorrow for another roundup of the trending stories across world football.