What has happened since the last time Abou Diaby played a game of football?
An Abou Diaby sighting on a football pitch these days is pretty rare. They only come around every 18 months or so on average.
The former Arsenal and France midfielder is in line to finally make his Marseille debut on Thursday after being included in the squad for a cup game against fourth-tier side Trelissac.
If he plays it would be his first action in 506 days, having been sidelined with injuries since playing 66 minutes in a League Cup game for Arsenal in September 2014. Before that, he had managed a total of 17 minutes since March 2013.
Despite his huge talent, Diaby has become known more for his long injury layoffs than his achievements on the pitch. Here's a look at some of the things that have happened since the last time he played a game:
- Arsenal have won two FA Cups
- Lionel Messi has scored 79 goals for Barcelona
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 83 goals for Real Madrid
- Jose Mourinho has won the Premier League with Chelsea, and been fired as the club's manager
- Leicester have gone from fighting relegation to fighting for the Premier League title
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter and UEFA president Michel Platini have both been suspended in a corruption probe
- Jack Wilshere has spent a total of 322 days out with various injuries
- Donald Trump has gone from hosting "The Apprentice" to being a Republican front-runner in the U.S. presidential election
- Four movies featuring Michael Caine have premiered
- There has been one total solar eclipse