What's trending: Busquets for Man City? Fans plan mass walkout
Here are the top stories from Monday:
- Lionel Messi has not been ruled out of Wednesday's Copa del Rey trip to Valencia by Barcelona coach Luis Enrique but the Blaugrana superstar looks likely to be rested after undergoing a procedure to treat kidney stones.
PREMIER LEAGUE: Fans' groups of multiple Premier League teams will meet to discuss a possible mass walkout in protest to rising ticket prices, the Football Supporters' Federation says.
- Jonjo Shelvey's move to Newcastle was the biggest bargain of the winter transfer window, while Guangzhou Evergrande easily overpaid the most in their €42 million acquisition of Jackson Martinez, according to a study by the CIES Football Observatory.
- Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta does not see any reason why coach Massimiliano Allegri would want to move to Chelsea, saying that he is already at a big club.
MAN UNITED: Wayne Rooney has insisted that Memphis Depay should not be made a scapegoat for Chelsea's late equaliser against Manchester United on Sunday as he urged fans not to blame the Dutchman.
- Victor Valdes said he felt so isolated at Manchester United that he was worried no one at the club would have noticed if he had been knocked unconscious.
- Manchester United's injury problems got worse as Adnan Januzaj limped off in their under-21 team's 7-0 thrashing of Norwich.
- Klopp also confirmed he'll return to the bench in Tuesday's FA Cup fourth-round replay at West Ham after having his appendix out on Saturday.
- Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has told beIN Sports he has had five job offers since leaving Anfield, including an opportunity to return to Swansea City.
ARSENAL: Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil has said it will be "incredibly difficult to stop" Premier League leaders Leicester City when the two sides meet this weekend.
- The Gunners can already boast a small victory over Leicester this week after poaching their Premier League title rivals' top scout.
REAL MADRID: Athletic Bilbao striker Aritz Aduriz has defended his Real Madrid counterpart Cristiano Ronaldo, saying that questions over the Portuguese star's form are "an insult."
From next season, the Premier League is going to look a little bit different...https://t.co/4n4mNohG2Z- Premier League (@premierleague) February 9, 2016
Come back tomorrow for more of the same...