Barcelona star Arda Turan's agent denies reports of Chinese bid
Barcelona playmaker Arda Turan is not set for a €100 million transfer to Chinese club Beijing Guoan this month, the Turkey international's agent has confirmed.
Turan joined Barca from Atletico Madrid for an initial fee of €37m, plus €4m in add-ons, but was unable to make his debut for the club until January due to their FIFA-imposed transfer ban.
Turkish paper Haberturk had claimed that the 29-year-old was being offered a bumper deal to become the latest European based star to move to China -- with an annual salary of €20 million and five year contract being put on the table.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
However Turan's agent Ahmed Bullut has told Mundo Deportivo that the offer does not exist, and anyway his client has no intention of leaving Barca either now or at the end of the current season.
"It's not true that Arda has this offer," Bullut said. "Arda is not thinking of leaving, now or in the summer."
Turan is under contract at Barca until 2020. Since making his debut in early January he has played eight times in total, providing two assists as the team have built a lead in the La Liga standings and progressed in the Copa del Rey.