Luciano Vietto agrees to Atletico Madrid move from Villarreal
Atletico Madrid have agreed a deal to sign Luciano Vietto from La Liga rivals Villarreal.
The 21-year-old Argentinian will sign a six-year deal, with Atletico reportedly paying €20 million to bring him to Madrid.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"Atletico de Madrid and Villarreal have reached an agreement for the transfer of Luciano Vietto to our entity," a statement on the Atletico website said.
"It is expected that the transfer of the Argentinian forward will be formalised this Wednesday, that the striker trains with his new teammates in the first session of the preseason, and to subsequently sign his new contract, which will link him to our club for the next six seasons."
Atletico were in the market for another forward after selling Mario Mandzukic to Juventus.
In Vietto, they are signing a young forward who scored 18 goals in 46 appearances for Villarreal last season, having signed from Racing Club in a deal reportedly worth €5.5 million last summer.