Some Monaco stars will leave after Ligue 1 title triumph - Prince Albert
Prince Albert of Monaco has told Canal Plus it is inevitable that some of the team's title-winners will leave the Stade Louis II in the summer.
Monaco clinched their first title since 2000 as a 2-0 win over Saint-Etienne on Wednesday gave them a six-point lead over second-placed Paris Saint-Germain with one game left.
Their stunning domestic form and run to the Champions League semifinals has led to players including star striker Kylian Mbappe and midfielders Bernardo Silva, Fabinho and Tiemoue Bakayoko being linked with moves.
And the prince, the club's patron, said: "They can't all stay. There will be some departures, of course, and some nice arrivals, but I hope we'll keep that desire to go forward.
"After an extraordinary season, this final win at home is the culmination of many things. Four-and-a-half years ago we were in Ligue 2, and now we find ourselves champions of France. There was also the extraordinary run in the Champions League.
"This squad is extraordinary, talented and with a very good spirit, led by a great coach [Leonardo Jardim].
"It's the work of the whole team, but also the staff and the supporters. I think this team has enormous talent with young players who can still improve."
Mbappe has already promised his mother that he will be even better next season.
"After the victory last year in the Gambardella [France's most presitgious national youth team cup competition], my mother said to me: 'That's very nice, but that's with children,'" he said.
"I replied: 'Look, give me a year and I'll do the same with the adults.'
"For next year, I promise an even better season. You always have to place the bar high, otherwise you don't improve."
Ian is ESPN's French football correspondent. Twitter: @ian_holyman