Monaco defender Fabio Coentrao to miss several weeks with foot injury
MONACO -- Monaco defender Fabio Coentrao is expected to miss several weeks of action after fracturing his left foot over the weekend.
Coentrao was injured in Saturday's 1-0 win against Nice in the Rivieira derby.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Monaco have yet to determine the length of time it will take for the Portugal international to recover, but Coentrao has been put on the list of injured players ahead of Tuesday's French Cup match at second-division Sochaux.
Coentrao arrived at Monaco last summer on loan from Real Madrid. He has scored 3 goals in 18 league matches with Monaco.