Bristol City
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018
ArsenalArsenal
ChelseaChelsea
ESPNDeportes, ESPN3 8:00 PM UTC

Tony Adams confirms Brondby talks over taking manager's role

Tony Adams won four league titles as an Arsenal player but is yet to win a trophy as a manager.

Arsenal legend Tony Adams has confirmed he is in talks with Brondby about taking over as coach of the Danish club.

Adams, 49, told Danish newspaper BT that he has been in regular talks with Brondby owner and chairman Jan Bech Andersen since November.

"He is a great guy and I really like him and his vision for the club," he said. "Brondby is a fantastic football club, probably the biggest and best in Denmark. So of course I'm interested in the coaching job.

"We talk regularly. Whether that leads to a coaching job or just a great friendship I don't know."

The former Arsenal and England captain has been in management on and off since 2003, coaching Wycombe, Portsmouth and most recently Gabala in Azerbaijan. He is now a director at Gabala but said that role ends this month.

"I don't hide that I am now looking for a management job somewhere in Europe," Adams said. "I'm interested, for sure. Now we'll have to see what happens. I have met with other clubs as well, and I'm sure [Bech Andersen] is also talking to others."

Brondby's previous coach, Thomas Frank, left the club in March after Bech Andersen criticised him on an online fan forum under a pseudonym. Bech Andersen told the club's annual general meeting on Tuesday that he expects to present "a very exciting person" as coach shortly.

Brondby, founded in 1964, won the most recent of their 10 Danish league titles in 2005.

Comments