Shkupi
12:30 AM UTC Jul 19, 2018
LAFC
Portland Timbers
2:30 AM UTC Jul 19, 2018

Torreira can be Arsenal's Kante

Wenger: 22-year Arsenal stay was big mistake

Henry quits Sky in pursuit of management role

Belgium

Wenger: I love Bob Marley

The Toe Poke

Ozil to join Arsenal for Singapore tour after WC

Arsenal in fraud case involving Chinese partner

Arsenal begin Emery era with 8-0 friendly win

Emery: Leno to battle Cech for No. 1 spot

Arsenal summer transfer business done - Emery

Cazorla: I feel like a footballer again after training

Villarreal

Alexis Sanchez says refusal to rest presents problems for Arsene Wenger

Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez has acknowledged that it's hard for Arsene Wenger to give him a rest because he always wants to play.

Sanchez has endeared himself to Arsenal fans because of his relentless energy and high-powered playing style since joining the Gunners from Barcelona before last season.

EvertonEverton
ArsenalArsenal

But his enthusiasm for the game also leads to problems at times, with Sanchez injuring his hamstring in November after playing against Norwich despite already having a niggle.

Wenger took the blame for that after the game, but the Chile forward admitted he makes things difficult on the manager by always insisting he can play.

"I do always want to play, so that's right. It's because football is my passion, it's my life," Sanchez told the Arsenal website. "Sometimes the manager says to me that I should have a rest, but I say 'I do not want to rest.' I'd rather go home and use the gym in my house to exercise in order to maintain my form."

Alexis Sanchez says he was born to play football.

Sanchez has been in a scoring slump in 2016 with just two goals since returning from his injury in January.

But he said his passion for playing -- and winning -- was clear even as a child in Chile.

"I always wanted to be a football player. I was born to play football and, God willing, I will be able to continue doing that," Sanchez said. "Since I was a child I have always been annoyed when we didn't win. That feeling made me train more, so that the next day I could go out and win again."

Arsenal have won just one of their last eight games in all competitions.

Mattias is ESPN FC's Arsenal correspondent. Follow him on Twitter: @MattiasKaren.

Comments