Away we go with another round of Transfer Talk, with all the latest player and manager moves, rumours and gossip.
Arsenal chase Casillas
Arsenal are chasing goalkeeper Iker Casillas, Spanish paper AS reports, though the rumour doesn't make a great deal of sense to Transfer Talk.
Apparently Arsene Wenger wants the Spain international to compete with Wojciech Szczesny for the Gunners' No.1 jersey next season, and is hoping that Santi Cazorla can encourage Casillas to move to the Emirates Stadium during the World Cup.
Arsenal's biggest encouragement is the 33-year-old's frustration at not playing every game at Real Madrid, but it seems unlikely that he would jump ship only to risk spending more time on the bench.
AS claim that Malaga's Willy Caballero and Saint-Étienne's Stephane Ruffier are also on Wenger's wishlist, while it has been reported that Arsenal have had a 6-million-pound bid for Cardiff's David Marshall rejected.
Man United want Schweinsteiger
Suddenly Manchester United's perceived disinterest in Cesc Fabregas and Toni Kroos begins to make sense.
According to the Daily Star, Louis van Gaal has made Bastian Schweinsteiger his number one midfield target after the pair enjoyed a successful relationship at Bayern Munich.
No price has been quoted for the 29-year-old, but United will face a tough battle to prise the Germany international from Bayern, where he has spent his entire career.
Costa to sign by Tuesday
Diego Costa's transfer to Chelsea should be completed by Tuesday, according to Sky Sports, finally allowing the striker to focus on the small matter of leading Spain's attack at the World Cup.
The 25-year-old has already completed a medical and the remaining details of the deal are now set to be ironed out.
Sky quote a Chelsea source as saying: "Chelsea have made an offer to Atletico Madrid in compliance with the buyout terms in Diego Costa's contract, and have been advised that the player has provided notice to Atletico Madrid invoking the buyout clause and directing the club to accept Chelsea's offer.
"Chelsea look forward to entering into formal transfer documentation with Atletico Madrid as soon as possible so that the player can concentrate on the World Cup."
Costa scored 36 goals in 52 games this season and played a vital role in Atletico's La Liga title victory.
Odds and ends
- Rio Ferdinand has turned down an offer from Aston Villa to join the club on a free transfer, reports the Daily Mail. The 35-year-old is rumoured to favour a move back to London, with QPR assessing his situation.
- Manchester United and Liverpool have been given encouragement in their bid to sign Pedro after the forward admitted his Barcelona future is uncertain. "I don't know what will happen with my future," Pedro told Mundo Deportivo. "When something has to be decided I will talk to the club and see what happens."
- Samir Nasri is nearing a new deal that will keep him at Manchester City until 2019, the Daily Star says.
- West Brom are apparently willing to pay 9 million pounds for Spartak Moscow's Yura Movsisyan, talkSPORT reports. The 26-year-old Armenian striker played in his country's brutal 6-1 defeat to Germany on Friday evening and has nine goals in 27 international caps.
- Filipe Luis has taken a big step closer to joining Chelsea after Atletico Madrid signed Guilherme Siqueira from Granada as his replacement. Luis, valued at around 15 million pounds, is expected to be included in a triple swoop with Diego Costa and midfielder Tiago.
- The Guardian reports Sunderland have made a 4-million-pound offer for Swansea captain Ashley Williams, who is also on Arsenal's radar. The defender is apparently keen to leave the Liberty Stadium after failing to agree terms over a new contract.
- West Ham are set to duke it out with Tottenham for Napoli midfielder Blerim Dzemaili, according to talkSPORT. The 28-year-old previously played under Sam Allardyce at Bolton and is attracting interest from the Premier League after bagging six goals and three assists in Napoli's run to third place in Serie A. Meanwhile, The Metro says the Hammers are also targeting Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu.
- AC Milan and Roma are doing battle over Newcastle defender Davide Santon, while the Magpies are scouting Ghana striker Majeed Waris, reports the Express.